Kanaloa Octopus Farm
Come visit our facility in Kailua-Kona! Learn about octopus, and see them up close and personal.
$25 per person. Booking is only available online. If you can not select a specific date or time, that means it is fully booked or unavailable; please do not show up expecting a tour.
Tours are only offered twice a day at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Approximately 1 hour long.
Due to limited space of the lab, only 35 people can book per tour, at a first book, first serve basis. Children 5 and under are free!!
Directions from Kona: (DO NOT FOLLOW GPS!!!)
- From Queen Ka'ahumanu Highway (Highway 19), make a left down Kaiminani drive (the northbound entrance for the energy lab - the second road directly after the large white scaffolding with solar panels).
- Turn right at Makako bay drive (first intersection).
- Take that road ALL the way to the end. It will end at the research campus (make sure you have passed the lobster farm).
- Go through the gates of the research campus (they are closed on weekends. Pull over to the side and someone will let you in).
- Make your first left, and you should see the lab on the left!
If coming from the airport or Waikoloa, make a right down Makako bay drive from Highway 19.